Summer drinks to keep your child hydrated during summer vacations
By Neeti Sarin
Trust us, children are least expected to keep themselves hydrated. So let them make the most of their holiday while you prepare some healthy and fun summer drinks to keep them hydrated without much ado. Mrs. Neeti Sarin, Founder, Tiffin’s Etc, has put some listed some recipes for summer drinks that will not only help you quench your kids’ thirst but also keep them healthy this vacations.
• Aam Panna– is a wonderful summer drink made of raw mangoes. It can be sweetened with either jaggery, or sugarcane juice to give it a healthy touch. What makes this drink an incredible summer drink is that apart from being a digestion-friendly beverage, raw mangoes are a rich source of Vitamin C and jaggery is a great source of iron.
• Nimbu Paani (Lemonade) is the world’s most tried and tested drink for generations. Easy to make as it hardly requires many ingredients. With lemons being a rich source of Vitamin C, the drink is refreshing, hydrating and gives instant energy. In our households, just because lemonade is such a big hit, try and keep crushed sugar (pre-crushed in a mixer grinder) handy. This helps in reducing the preparation time.
• Cucumber Lemon Water is a fun remixed version of a regular glass of water. Just slice the cucumbers and one lemon into thin slices and add a bit of mint in a jar of water for a flavored drink. All the ingredients work together to keep your child’s body and mind cool as well as remarkable refreshing.
• Smoothies are an interesting variant of the plain old boring milk. Add it to breakfasts or in place of snacks during the evening. They are packed with nutrients, proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants to help ensure your child kick-starts its day in full vigor. Simply, choose your favorite fruit, some yogurt and maybe some oatmeal – there is no wrong way to make them.
• Buttermilk (chaach) is an all-weather drink that aids in digestion. Tempting and totally inexpensive, this savory is easy to make with ingredients that can be easily found at home.
It is particularly important to make sure that kids whether or not active, are getting their daily intake of water in some way or the other. Relax and enjoy your summer as these refreshing recipes keep your child happy and healthy with its diverse benefits.