Banish those Pores
Aarti Kapur Singh
When it comes to skin pore size, the rule of thumb is, ‘the smaller the better’. This keeps your skin looking tighter and younger. When pores are tighter, light reflects better. You get an overall appearance of vitality, youthfulness, and health.
Those that have oily skin do manage to keep wrinkles away for longer, but often fight a raging battle against open pores. The constant oozing of oil, as well as the clogging of the pores with hardened oil, leads to loss of elasticity of the pores over a period of time which ultimately leads to open pores. You might think that those with dry skin wouldn’t have to deal with open pores but unfortunately that’s not the case. Though people with normal and dry skin tend to have smaller pores than those with an oily or combination complexion, they may still be susceptible to certain pore problems. Dry skin and clogged pores tend to go together. Close attention to your skin care routine, and perhaps changing the products you use, may help unblock your pores and make your skin less dry.
While you cannot make your pores disappear, you can certainly minimize their appearance and some clinical procedures as well as products may help you in this.
Clean, healthy pores are essential for a healthy skin. Dirt and oil on your face collect around your pores like debris around a storm drain. When those pores get clogged, it creates a pile-up of oil and dead skin cells in the follicle. Soon, bacteria make their way to the blockage, and the growth in bacteria causes inflammation further leading to acne. Mature skin with ‘open-pore look’ needs exfoliation of different kinds to smoothen the skin surface.
Keep in mind that these products create the illusion of pore reduction by tightening the skin. This means the diameter of each pore remains the same, but it looks and feels like the pores got smaller the dermis of the skin became tighter
Here are some products available in the markets that are worthy of use:
· The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash, Rs 595 – This daily-use facial wash for blemished skin supposedly gives clearer-looking skin when used as part of a regular regime.
· Aroma Magic Enzyme Peel Pack, Rs 180 – Its active ingredients (such as lemon-apple yeast, lactic acid, peptin and other natural enzymes) stimulate circulation, oxygenate the skin and draw out toxins. Cleaning pores thoroughly, it also accelerates new cell production.
· Avon Anew Clinical Resurfacing Expert, Price on request – This miracle-in-a-bottle not only restores the skin’s lost elasticity, but actually diminishes scars and blemishes – ideal for those who have suffered the spots of acne!
· Vedic Line Open Pore Reducing Lotion, Rs 200 – It minimizes large pores & gives matt finish to oily skin. So those with oily skin need not shy away from moisturizer. This works as a great makeup base during the muggy monsoons as well.
· Ponds Gold Radiance Serum, Rs 899 – Regular application of this effective serum rejuvenates cell membranes resulting in healthier skin formation. It also clears facial blemishes and freckles.
· Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector, Price on request – Visionnaire is a leap in skincare technology that improves skin quality and texture for a fresher and clearer complexion without aggravation or sensitivity. For women with dull and patchy skin, it brings back luminosity.
· Benefit Porefessional, Rs 1500 – The best possible cosmetic cover-up for open pores, this silky lightweight formula glides on seamlessly to instantly minimize the appearance of pores anytime, anywhere. Apply in the morning and touch up during the day for a practically poreless complexion. Presto! No Pores!